Today I had a 1-1 training session with Madsue Tum. He has several accolades to his record, including being a World Champion and beating John Wayne Parr, who is one of the most well-known fighters in all of Muaythai (if you want to see some videos of him, go to YouTube and search for "Tum Madsua"). So, basically he's a badass. It was a good session--mostly technique work, a little sparring (he won) and some pad work. All in all, a great personal training session. I brought my camera along as well, so I'd have some pics of the session and so people would
.
You just love sending out these shirtless pictures, don't you?
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm jealous (of the training and free time, not the shirtlessness).
Shirtlessness at the outdoor 90 degree gym is pretty mandatory (otherwise your t-shirt becomes a wet sheet about 30 seconds into training) but as you saw from my previous post, I do not take off the shirt in inappropriate places (bars, etc) like the other guys.
ReplyDeleteWhy aren't you doing any of this in the actual ring?
ReplyDeleteSome of the instructors like to use the rings, some prefer the blue mats. The mats are actually better right now, because (in the spirit of a true Thaiboxing gym) the rings are totally torn up and ratty.
ReplyDelete