Saturday, February 6, 2010

Body Update--Since you asked...


OK, so I've gotten a few requests for pictures of my new bruises and, although I think that's a little weird, I want to please anybody who actually takes the time to read this. So, here's what you asked for. I hope it makes you happy. As you can probably see (if the pic comes out well), the best bruises are now on my knee area as opposed to my shins. That said, both shins are still covered in bruises (they almost look tanned, which is kind of cool I guess); they may not come through on this pic though. Overall, here's a quick run-down of the damage:

Both shins--covered in bruises
Both knees--covered in bruises
Inner thigh area--bruises
Lower outside ab area--bruised on both sides from getting kicked
Right toe--bad blister, which is very problematic when I'm trying to pivot and punch. It opened last night and today within two minutes of starting a class I'd torn all the skin off of it, so had to stop, bandage it, and put shoes on (embarrassing). I've got good tape for it now, so no more shoes (whew).
Lower back--not bad actually, but sometimes it spasms after classes a bit
Knuckles--Left hand is only a little skinned, but the right hand is starting to have problems with two knuckles having lost most of their skin. This doesn't hurt much, but is something I have to be very careful with (as well as the toe blister) because of the potential for infection. With 30 guys and six trainers running around shoeless and sweaty all day, things get gross. So, even though I wear hand/wrist wraps, I also use alcohol and betadine on the knuckles and toe several times every day.
Feet--When doing some kicks incorrectly, I bruised the tops of my feet and like an idiot, kept kicking with them. Doing so, I somehow managed to sprain the arches of both of my feet. The good thing is that I'm usually on the balls of my feet when kickboxing, but walking around is now mildly painful activity. I saw Nen today and asked what to do (he may not be a doctor, but he's 47 and trains for 6 hours a day while drinking and smoking continually, so he must have figured out something that works). He showed me a stretch for it and told me to get a massage. Done and done.
Shoulders, upper back, calves, quads, neck, and basically everything else--sore

So there's the body update. I hope it proves enjoyable and uplifting for all reading. The one good thing is that I don't have class tomorrow and am going to skip tonight's session in favor of lifting weights and the stationary bike (two things that shouldn't hurt my feet). Hopefully I'll be back at 90% by Monday (I now realize that nobody is really at 100% here--there's always something hurting) and I'll be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment