Monday, January 18, 2010

The meal that never dies

I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself for eating all of those ridiculous things I described in my previous post. And that my iron-strong stomach handled them all pretty well (although on Saturday I was just a touch squeamish, which I wrote off to the octopi still squirming around in my stomach). Sunday, however, was another issue. About an hour after I woke up, stomach "issues" settled in and only got worse across the day (and night). After not sleeping much all of Sunday night, I woke on Monday morning still feeling like garbage. I took a shower and got ready to go to classes, only to realize that the process of showering and putting clothes on was enough to exhaust me completely. Given that, I realized I was not going to survive a 30 minutes of hiking and an hour of hot subway riding, so I let my better judgment take over and decided to stay home for the day. I actually wanted to go to school because, in a two-week class, every day really counts. It was just not going to happen, though. After getting over the stomach "issues" around mid-day, an incapacitating bought of indigestion set in for about 3 hours. Once I survived that, a pretty strong headache popped up to be the cherry on this ice cream Sundae of pain. Finally, it all seemed to end and I was in bed by 10.

The one thing that seemed to help me through the day more than anything else was a show I just discovered called Modern Family. I think it is my favorite show of the season (even more than Community, 30 Rock, or the Office). I highly recommend it. I actually think it cured my indigestion better than anything else, proving that laughter is indeed the best medicine.

So now I'm back to school on Tuesday and going to spend the morning catching up on things before my classes this afternoon. As for my food intake, I'll probably have to limit it to white rice today, and probably won't be eating any live animals or ammonia fish in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment