Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!

Well, it is officially 2010 here in Seoul. As I'm writing this, there are still a couple of hours to go before my friends in the US get to toast in the holiday. I want you all to know--2010 is AMAZING. Actually, so far it is pretty much the same as 2009 was. I'm sorry I don't have something more hopeful to say, but given that I'm only a few hours in, it is very possible that things will improve.

Last night was a decent time. It was actually my first time to really go out in Seoul, which is kind of hard to believe since I've been here for a week. I went out to a club that was called Le Nuit Blanche. It was definitely a place for Seoul's trendy youth. A very cool vibe with a huge stage and impressive DJ setup. There was also a Japanese TV person there filming and dancing and acting like a retArd. But that was fun to see. I wasn't feeling super-great though, so I had to leave fairly early (around 1:30). Given that I'm still not fully over the jet lag, however, 1:30 felt like staying up all night.

Today I've been as relaxed as I think one should be on New Year's Day morning. I did a load of laundry, made myself an omelet, and am now watching a little CNN year-in-preview while sipping some green tea. Tasty (the tea--NOT CNN). This afternoon I am going to do my first real exploring of the city. I received a book from the international office at Yonsei and I guess I'll just pick a neighborhood and take off. I'll try to bring my camera so I can post pics later, although I imagine this is not going to be a typical day in Seoul since it is a holiday. Hopefully I see some interesting stuff and have a good time out there. It would be nice to have one of my friends here to join me--miss you guys.

That's about all I can think of for now. Hopefully I'll see some interesting and blog-worthy things that will make for interesting posts later.

Happy New Year!

PS--Mom, a "murse" is short for man-purse. Get with the program. Love, David.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Years! It is weird being so many hours ahead of the US on NYE. I woke up at 9am in Israel, which is 11pm in California. Great blogging so far!

    ReplyDelete